Autoflowering cannabis seeds
Autoflowering seeds have become ever more popular the last couple of years. Not surprising, as it is very easy to cultivate cannabis plants with autoflowering seeds. Many customers order them, but what are those autoflowering cannabis seeds exactly? All our Premium Pro autoflower seeds are feminised, so that's one advantage you already have. The other advantage I'm about to explain. Autoflower seeds are seeds that automatically bloom. With indoor growing, ordinary seeds need to be placed in light for 12 hours and 12 hours in darkness in order to bloom. Outside, they only start blooming when the amount of hours light a day starts to decrease. Autoflowering seeds flower automatically as soon as the cannabis plant has enough branches to accommodate the flower buds. Autoflowering types are indica or sativa plants crossed with a ruderalis plant. The ruderalis cannabis plant is found in Northern Europe, Russia and neighbouring countries such as China and Mongolia. This plant contains less THC than the indica and sativa types, which is the reason why they are crossed. The result is a fast flowering variant with a high THC production and big buds. Autoflowering seeds are very appropriate for the outdoor growing season in Northern Europe because of the relatively short summers. In that way, you can have multiple harvests during one season. Moreover you can meet the policy of tolerance (of the Netherlands) with 5 plants and build up supplies for the winter.
Advantages of autoflowering seeds:
- The plants remain reasonably small (on average 30 till 70 cm).
- Autoflowering plants bloom automatically after about 2 to 3 weeks of growing.
- Autoflower seeds are ready relatively fast (on average 10 weeks from seed till harvest).
- Autoflower cannabis plants remain small and don't attract much attention.
- The smell of autoflowering cannabis plants is relatively less strong than the smell of normal cannabis plants.
- You can harvest more than once during one season.
- For growing Autoflowering plants you don't need much space.