What Are Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds?
Autoflower cannabis seeds produce plants that automatically bloom regardless of the light cycle (photoperiod) and are usually ready for harvest within ten weeks of germination. This makes autoflowering cannabis seeds ideal for beginners and outdoor growers. Autoflowering seeds begin to flower as soon as the cannabis plant has enough branches to accommodate the flower buds.
What’s the difference between Autoflowering and Feminized seeds?
Ordinarily, cannabis plants grown from regular or feminized seeds produce flowers during a shorter photoperiod. This is when indoor growers change the light cycle to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. When growing outside, plants will only start blooming when the number of hours of light a day decreases. This leads to a much longer growing period from seed to harvest.
Autoflowering cannabis plants will enter the flowering phase based on maturity, rather than the light cycle. They are very appropriate for the outdoor growing season, and because of the short flowering stage, you can have multiple harvests during one season. Our Autoflowering marijuana seeds are all feminized, so it means they do not produce any male plants.
What types of Autoflowering Cannabis seeds are available?
Autoflower cannabis seeds can come in both Indica and Sativa hybrids. Many of your favourite strains are available as autoflowering seeds.
Suzy's Choice of Autoflowering Seeds
- Bubble Chum Gum AUTO The original Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana (USA). From there Bu... €6.00 Regular Price €7.50
- Amnesia Haze Auto Amnesia Haze is now also available in an autoflowering variety. It grows very qu... €6.00 Regular Price €7.50
- Ed Rosenthal Super Bud Auto The mix of Indica and Sativa in the Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO is an extraordin... €6.00 Regular Price €7.50
- Bubble Chum Gum AUTOThe original Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana (USA). From there Bu...€6.00 Regular Price €7.50
- Amnesia Haze AutoAmnesia Haze is now also available in an autoflowering variety. It grows very qu...€6.00 Regular Price €7.50
- Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AutoThe mix of Indica and Sativa in the Ed Rosenthal Super Bud AUTO is an extraordin...€6.00 Regular Price €7.50
How are Autoflowering Cannabis seeds made?
Autoflowering cannabis seeds are made by cross-breeding regular Indica or Sativa with the Cannabis Ruderalis species.
All our auto-flower seeds are feminized, so that's one advantage you already have.
What is Cannabis Ruderalis?
The Ruderalis cannabis plant was first identified in Siberia and found in Northern Europe, Russia and neighbouring countries, China and Mongolia.
This plant contains less THC than the Indica and Sativa types, grows smaller, and flowers independent of the photoperiod. The result, when cross-bread, is a fast flowering variant with a high THC production and big buds.
Autoflowering cannabis seeds are also perfect for impatient and novice growers as you can harvest mostly within 8 to 9 weeks from germination when grown indoors and about 10 weeks when gown outdoors.
Advantages of autoflower seeds:
- The plants remain reasonably small (on average 40 till 80 cm).
- Autoflowering plants bloom automatically after about 2 to 3 weeks of growing.
- Autoflower marijuana seeds are ready relatively fast (on average 10 weeks from seed till harvest).
- Autoflower cannabis plants remain small and don't attract much attention.
- The smell of autoflowering cannabis plants is relatively less strong than the smell of normal cannabis plants.
- You can harvest more than once during one season.
- For growing Autoflowering plants you don't need much space.
- Autoflower seeds are easy to grow.